freeview pvr & sky setup probs

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by boabyboy21, May 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. boabyboy21

boabyboy21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, I have just purchased a twin tuner freeview pvr but I am having problems setting it up alongside my sky box. I would apreciate any suggestions as to the best way to set things up. My tv has 2 scart sockets and I also have a dvd player and vcr. I would like to use the vcr to record from sky. My pvr is a grundig 160gb drive. Many thanks.

2. normalnorm

normalnorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I don't think you are any worse off by adding the PVR. You need to give up a TV scart to the PVR but whichever device currently uses that slot can be routed through the PVR.

How have you connected up the Sky box, VCR and DVD player currently?

3. boabyboy21

boabyboy21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi norm,

At the moment 1 scart to the tv comes direct from the dvd player. The other is from the sky box. I have a uhf? connection from the sky into the vcr and from the vcr to the tv. To be honest this might not be the best set up but it was the only way I could get it to work. Many thanks.

4. normalnorm

normalnorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Probably best to route the the DVD player through the PVR(via scart 2) ; you would then select the DVD player using the "Aux" function of the PVR. The Sky/VCR set up is not the best, as you said - depends how much you are going to use it though.

5. boabyboy21

boabyboy21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, norm.

I probably won't use it much but you never know. I will try routing the dvd through the pvr and take it from there. Thanks for getting me started.

6. tecnobadger

tecnobadger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, DVD - Humax - TV Scart 1 and VCR - Sky - TV Scart 2 is the best way methinks.