maxnoscar

Novice Member
Hi guys I’m after some help
I have 3 LG tv with freeview play, they all tune in fine but after a couple of days, itv channel tunes in itv London, I get my signal from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter, when this happens freeview play option disappears in the TV guide. I then retune the tv, picks up just normal itv and freeview play is back in the guide.
Rang LG done all the trouble shooting still no good.
Rang freeview they say it could be my signal as it’s 100%, they recommend a signal up to 90%
any help would be great
All LG tv are from different years

CatsWithThumbs

Standard Member
Can't advise on why it switches to London, or why Freeview Play stops working, but if you want to stop it happening you might want to try disabling the overnight auto-retune as this can cause your tuning to mess up. On mine (2018 vintage) this is here:

Settings > Programmes > Programme tuning & settings > Programme List Update = OFF

You should still get an on screen prompt when a retune is required.

In my case the aerial to the TV is looped through a Youview box which cuts the signal when it went into standby overnight. but the LG performs a channel scan overnight and helpfully deletes everything first before finding no channels due to there being no signal any more.

Whilst this clearly isn't quite what's happening in your case, at a guess something is blocking your local ITV when this overnight retune happens and hence it tunes the London one instead.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom