Question Freeview Play

ShiroEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get the rollback in time feature working in Freeview Play on any of LG's TVs?
It appears in the TV Guide but I can't go back in time.
I'm on the latest firmware 04.30.04.

I can't find any info on this anywhere else.

Thanks,
E

Has anyone managed to get the rollback in time feature working in Freeview Play on any of LG's TVs?
It appears in the TV Guide but I can't go back in time.
I'm on the latest firmware 04.30.04.

I can't find any info on this anywhere else.

Thanks,
E

Just a thought, no knowledge of this, but would an internet connection be needed for this feature?

Graham,

@snaithg Absolutely. That is how it can stream the content that has already been shown.
I have an internet connection though and it still doesn't work as advertised.

I have a freetime now renamed freesat box and the rollback will only work on specific channels
Never use it but tried C4HD the other night and no joy but C4 worked fine.

The FreeviewPlay logo appears in the channel guide which suggests to me that some functions should be available at least no?

Hi ShiroEd,

Did you ever manage to get the Freeview Play working?

I have had a LG OLED65C6V for about a month, great TV, but freeview play doesn't work. I have had several OS level updates since purchase. All apps relevant to catch up are installed and up to date but the guide scrolling back function just seems broken. When watching a major channel (BBC, ITV or C4) I can bring up the guide to show what is currently on or upcoming but on scrolling back all the same channels (and others) with catch up function (alleged) disappear leaving only channels like Pick, etc. in their place. It's like some kind of weird bug. As you state the Freeview Play logo is present and the internet works fine on the TV, e.g. I can get 4K Grand Tour on Amazon without issue.

I feel that either the software function isn't there yet or that I need to change a setting somewhere that I haven't found yet (I had a similar issue with 4K HDR Blu Ray not working until I got the standard settings corrected!).

So have you succeeded, did you ever get Freeview Play working? If you did how did you do it?

Thanks

OK. Fixed it myself. I noted that my TV had not updated to 0.430.090 from 0.430.065 and refused to do so itself. I forced the update from a USB stick, rebooted the OS and then I got part function. Full function was introduced by rescanning for the channels for DTV and also ensuring all apps T&Cs had been agreed to. The only annoyances are that really it's just a link into the apps and not entirely seamless. Also it doesn't work with Channel 4 HD channels only the SD channels. Summary = work in progress!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom