Freeview Play TV

ZootHornRollo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We currently have Sky HD+. We almost exclusively use it for watching the 5 terrestrial channels. We use the recording facility - and invariably never get round to watching most of the recordings. We don't watch a lot of telly in all honesty. We only have Sky as my wife likes the remote control/EPG. (So ease of use is a big factor)
We have decided to stop wasting £30 a month and ditch the Sky subscription - notice given - and switch to a Smart TV, using catchup tv instead of recording.

My research thus far has lead my to believing that Freeview Play would be our best bet - feel free to correct me!

We currently have a 32" TV and don't want to go much bigger. I went to currys where the guy kept pushing me toward a Sony 32" set but I later got out of him that Sony didn't do the ITV Player app for whatever reason so I have ruled out Sony. A bit of research has pushed me toward Panasonic due to ease of use and a full Freeview Play experience.

These two have caught my attention :

Panasonic TX-32FS503B LED HDR HD Ready 720p @ £350
Panasonic TX-40EX700B LED HDR 4K Ultra HD @ £414

Would these be suitable?

Should I be looking elsewhere?

Any advice gratefully received - I feel like i'm drowning! ;-)

Do you need wide viewing angles? Do you have an antenna connection by the TV or only Sat?

The Panasonic EX700 is a good bet if you don't need wide viewing angles, but a smaller or even same size FHD TV will scale poorer quality content to a higher standard.

I would probably go with the EX700 just because info on the Panasonic FHD TVs is so sparse so its hard to know if they are any good or not.

Thanks dodgexander,

We don't need particularly wide viewing angles at all. All seat are probably within 20° front centre of the screen.

Yes, we have an aerial connected. Tho i should probably check it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom