Freeview play loses log in details every time turned off

lyndsa

Novice Member
My television lost bbc iPlayer and My5 etc and I was advised to try a software update. I did this and then reset the television and eventually all the freeview player channels started working. on switching tv on after 24 hours, back to the old problem so had to log in to every account. This has now worked for some freeview but not for BBC iplayer which does show the programmes available but on trying to watch, i get message saying 'oops something went wrong'. The tv is not a brand name as such, Digihome. My neighbour has the same tv and whilst mine is 2 years old hers is 4 and she has no problems. Any help please.

mike7

Distinguished Member
Do you leave the TV on standby or are you switching off the mains supply as well?

lyndsa

Novice Member
Try leaving it on standby. I feel that cutting off the mains is causing your problem. Power consumption
It has always been turned off at the mains since new 2 years ago
Try leaving it on standby. I feel that cutting off the mains is causing your problem. Power consumption in standby is negligible.
thsnkyou I now have.. I also think I know what prob May now be. I did a software upgrade which said completed. On reading an online manual it then says you will be receive a message saying reboot option which you should accept as the final part of upgrade. I don’t recall seeing that message. It also says that it’s important not to interrupt the reboot as it will not finalise the latest software into the tv and you will need service personnel to do this. I tried for another update so I could then complete the final part but it just says no update currently available! Maybe I’ll have to keep trying and hopefully in the meantime I may find a contact number for the service personnel who may be able to finalise this reboot. Thsnkyou so much for your help you’ve been so helpful

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom