Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Freeview picture stretch

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by cyber, Dec 3, 2004.

1. cyber

cyber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wonder if anyone with a bit of knowledge can help with this one. Recently brought a Panasonic TX32PM11. I've connected up my Grundig freeview(Yeah it's crap but i wanted digital)via the video with scart leads and everything is fine apart from the fact that when i go to the channels with scrolling text at the bottom it seems to get stretched out and becomes wavey as it goes across the bottom of the screen It's worst on SKY news and SKY sports news. I changed the aspect from Panasonic auto to 16:9 which improves things a bit and changed the freeview to 16:9. Anyone got any ideas on what's causing this, the Freeview box, the TV or maybe the channel transmission. I was using the grundig on a 21" standard TV before and had no problems even though i was going through a set top aerial where as now i'm using a wall socket aerial. I've also noticed that the freeview menus seem a bit distorted.

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Sky News and Sports News are broadcast in 4:3 so everything will be stretched if viewed in 16:9.

Your TV should be set to "auto" (or 4:3 depends how it does it) and the Freeview set to 16:9, this should give you the correct picture format. Also make sure everything is set to RGB.