1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview PDC - Pace Twin

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by breszh, Jan 21, 2004.

1. breszh

breszh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bought my Pace Twin from Argos on Monday, it has the 13th March 2003 software, version 1.7.28.

Something I didn't check before I bought was whether a function similar to PDC would be implemented over the Freeview channels. I presumed because the analogue signal includes this the digital one would.

Having set a recording up tonight for Emmerdale (for Mrs Breszh!) it didn't work but is this due to my Pace box having old software or because it isn't something that is broadcast.

Its not a major problem for me, I'll just set the timer a couple of minutes earlier in future but would like to know for sure where the problem lies.

Thanks in advance..

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The recording reliability of the original SW version was not too good. This is probably why your recording failed. Await the next update which is yet to be announced.

Once installed

a) you will be able to use teletext services
    b) your timer events will take place more reliably
    c) you can set up in the menus a standard early start and late end for all your recordings. For example, if you set it to always start 2 minutes before schedule and end 8 minutes after schedule, then a programme timed for 1930 > 2000 will actually record, always, from 1928 > 2008.

There isn't any PDC or equivalent on Freeview, more's the pity.

3. breszh

breszh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks very much for the reply, much appreciated.