1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview on Plasma - best PQ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lisag, Jan 15, 2005.

1. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I have the Panasonic TH37PW7, a media center PC via VGA and a Pace Twin HD recorder via Scart.

The pq of freeview is inconsistent, the media center has less artefacts, is smoother, but looks a bit 'floaty' and flesh tones are less life like. The Pace Twin looks very real and the picture is firm and more consistent, but on occassions is a little grainy, and spots of shimmering, and a few artefacts, although on some programs it simply looks stunning, seems to depend on the channel, the program, the time of day, the weather???

I have not yet tried the JS Tech box RGB to VGA converter, because it will be a £200 upgrade as I will need a second VGA input, and having read many threads on this forum, it seems to dramatically improve sky but not freeview.

Are there any other options open to me?
    Would anyone be kind enough to post some pictures of how good they have managed to get their freeview picture quality, and how they did it?
    I have a very good amplified aerial set-up so that is not an option for improvement, although officially I am not in a freeview area!
    Anyone know of someone who could loan me the JS box, or offer 7 day home approval if I bought one without charging me 30% re-stocking costs?

Thanks
    :)