Freeview oddities! (channel changing and moving)

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I just read a couple threads about the channel slot changes for a few Channel 4 channels) which might explain some oddities I have been having!

For the past 2 or 3 days I have not been able to see ITV 2 or ITV 3 - but no probs with ITV or ITV 4... The EPG was also stuck on ITV 2 + 3 (not sure which day, as anyday showed the same EPG - time was about 15:30-16:30 for the now and next, no matter what time of day)

Then tonight I was flicking thru channels to see what did and what didn't work (in case I couldn't see ITV2 + 3 cos a mux had gone down or something) and everything worked (bar ITV 2 + 3 of course) but Film4+1 had become Ch4+1....

The odd thing was it was still in the original channel position! It hadn't moved to 13, but was still showing on 32, listed as Film4+1, but showed the programmes and EPG for the new Ch4+1 channel!

Likewise, E4 was still on ch 14, but worked fine, inc EPG, as with E4+1

But after a rescan just now, it's all changed....

Why in the :censored: have they a) shifted the channel numbers, and b) why did some channels completely go out (that were nothing to do with ch4) and some change, but retain their channel slots?????

ODD!!!!!

(ps, why can't they just leave Freeview alone! Wanna turn Film4+1 into Ch4+1? Just switch it like they did with Men&Motors!! Don't mess about with existing channels and put them in new numbers!!!!!

Oh yeah! And the ITV channel's DOG's have all gone to colour!!!!! Thats even MORE offputting than when they were slightly transparent/opake(sp) white!!!!!!! Idiots!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom