Freeview - no ITV = no American Idol - Help!

L

Laskina

Please help for the sake of my marriage! My wife is addicted to American Idol which is on ITV2 tonight (in 1 minute!).

The bloody Sky digital box broke yesterday (engineer out coming Monday) so reverted to the built in Freeview on my Panasonic plasma (PV500).

First I used it, so plugged in a signal boaster and did the auto channel set-up. It found every channel with 90% quality except the ITV channels and Channel 4 (even Channel 5 was OK - improved with the boaster).

Can anyone help get me ITV2 for tonight - otherwise I have to spend 2 hours talking with my wife!!! :0

Nick

Edit: I have checked and I am in an area that can get all freeview channels

Aren't you the lucky one. My wife will watch that ***** on Sunday morning. My two daughers will watch it seperately tomorrow.

This means I have to put up with it three sodden times.

Sky+ has a lot to answer for.

I have recorded it onto Sky+ if you want me to put it onto VHS, please PM me. You sad man. Tell your wife, men rule the world and it has been deemed unnecessary to view American Idol this year. Just as Carrie Underwood won last time out, Kelly Pickler will succeed this time, damn I fear I have said too much ..... let me know big boy :smashin:

Thanks for the offer Abbeygoo ... my wife has convinced our 70 year old next door neighbour to let her watch it Sunday morning! The depths they will go to for American Idol :rolleyes:

My money is on Ash - its the first time they have had a guy that the teenage girls will love and can also sing - as we know that demographic rule the telephone votes.

I've got the same problem with ITV channels on my Sony LCD. All freeeview channels were tuned in with full signal until wednesday when I lost my signal on ITV 1 & 2. I re-tuned the digital channels using auto tune last night, now I don't have ITV 1, ITV2 or channel 4.

muppetmick said:
Surely Taylor Hicks will win?

Bloody hopes he does - but fear the American audience wont "get" him - but he is a genius IMO.

leeky_deeky: what area you in? i am in oxfordshire.

cheers :)

I had this problem on my STB a while back.

To fix it, all I did was "restore to factory settings" under the digibox's set up menu, although how you do this with a tv is somewhat of a mystery to me???

However, it did fix the problem, as I got my ITV's and Channel 4 back.

Laskina said:
Bloody hopes he does - but fear the American audience wont "get" him - but he is a genius IMO.

leeky_deeky: what area you in? i am in oxfordshire.

cheers :)

I am in the West Midlands (Birmingham area), had full signal on all digital channels until Wednesday. Have tried re-tuning the digital channels a few times but it still does not find ITV or channel 4.

Abbeygoo said:
I have recorded it onto Sky+ if you want me to put it onto VHS, please PM me. You sad man. Tell your wife, men rule the world and it has been deemed unnecessary to view American Idol this year. Just as Carrie Underwood won last time out, Kelly Pickler will succeed this time, damn I fear I have said too much ..... let me know big boy :smashin:

emmm wasnt it that macey gray clone Fantasia who won last year though? or was that the year before. **** i think it was the year before actually, god doesnt time fly as you get older and watch crapper telly!

Should be Taylor Hicks this year although his 'woos' were a trifle annoying this week!

And well Im on the subject, wasnt the Daniel Beddingfield song sung by Ace called 'If you're not the one" not " I dont wana run away" as that young pretty boy and Seacrest claimed??

Ive really said too much lol

yes you have said too much. This is the fifth series of American Idol and the previous winners are :

Series 1 : Kelly Clarkson
Series 2 : Rueben Stuttard
Series 3 : Fantasia Burrino
Series 4 : Carrie Underwood

I think I've got the spellings right..... oh dear, I really am a sad man :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom