Freeview lost from 40" Samsung?

GeneralMatrix

Standard Member
Reaction score
First post woohoo!

Anyway just moved house and it seems the previous occupants had left their Telewest box? I hooked it up to see if I could get any extra channels (like how with Sky if you don't have a subscription you still get some basic channels – or how it was with Sky Analogue).

The Tv stated that there was an update available when I connected the box, so I preceded. It took about two minutes but found no channels. I retried and nothing again. Not really fussed at this point, I tuned in the telewest box and was able to get Sky One. As I had telewest coming out the next day to install my services from the previous house, I disconnected it.

Anyway later that night I wanted to watch some Freeview, that is built into the TV. Pressed “TV GUIDE” and there were no channels at all listed? I think I have to do a rescan but don't know how?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Telewest or NTL will not give you a signal that carries Freeview. You need an outside aerial to get the service. Actually you will not need it once the Telewest service is re-connected.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom