1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview LCD TV recording to VCR

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by HHGTTG, Aug 5, 2005.

1. HHGTTG

HHGTTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    As many of the LCD TV's now seem to be coming with their own Freeview tuners onboard, how does one record the digital channels to a VCR?

Also, do the built-in Freeview tuners have a timer events menu as do the external ones so that off-air recordings can be made or would this necessitate that the TV is left on (I'm confused as it isn't like recording from an external VCR or external tuner etc).

Currently with my external Freeview box, it is linked to my TV and my VCR via SCART etc. However if the tuner is internal in the TV where does one take the digital output from the LCD TV, to feed into my L1 or L2 input on my VCR?

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Most. if not all, iDTVs will have on board EPG (electronic program guide). Recording - probably one SCART will output as well as accept input, and be connected to the VCR/DVDR's external source connection. Most VCRs have 2 SCARTs - 1 in, 1 out as the graphic indicates.
    See your user manual if unsure.
    That's how I imagine it's done.

3. HHGTTG

HHGTTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Yes, of course, your explanation makes good sense. Thank you for your help in this matter.
    :smashin: