1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freeview in to panasonic pw4

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by marky1975, Oct 27, 2005.

1. marky1975

marky1975
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi whats the easyest way to connect a freeview box to a panasonic pw4 plasma. i have tryed with a scart to 3 phonos ie vid and 2 sound. pluged in to av sockets on plasma board. but does not work.
    is there a lead that goes from scart to rgb vd hd so i can plug it in to the rgb sockets.
    many thanks

mark

2. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Well I got the PW5 model and its connected by a rgb to vga convertor lead. Dont know what socketry the PW4 has but imagine its similar.
    Has yours got s in and your freebox got s out ?. If so maybe thats an option.

3. marky1975

marky1975
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I just get a scart to rgb phonos ie this from keene "part number: SBB601"
    would that work

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

If you post in the plasma forum, you will get other PW4 owners telling you how to do it.

Nigel

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Well I've got a Panny PW4 and know that it has the following inputs:
    composite
    S-Video
    RGBHV/YUV component on RCA
    VGA

Both the VGA & RGBHV inputs can be configured for all versions of RGB & YUV so you can connect the Freeview STB to either input. The cable you linked to will not however work as it is YUV component or RGsB (sync on Green) and scart outputs RGBcvS (composite video sync). Therefore you need to get a lead like This. Be aware that the signal is directional and therefore you either need a switch to select the direction (as in the cable I've linked to) or make sure the signal travels from scart to RCA's. Also this cable does not carry audio, so you will need to run a separate RCA stereo lead to your plasma from the STB.

Mark.

6. schillaci0

schillaci0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You can actually run rgb and take the sync on composite as long as an s-video lead is not plugged in as this will overide the comp connection. I have done this with lots of rgb sources with no problems just use a scart to rgb composite phono lead from qed.

7. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    You don't need to use the composite input on the PW4 to run RGBcvS as you just allocate one of the spare inputs from RGBHV (I think it's the 'H' input) as the sync. This is all setup in the menu and has the advantage of still letting you use the S-Video or composite input.

Mark.