Freeview in one room but not another!

ratty2601

Standard Member
Reaction score
Dear All,
I have freeview via Built in TV in one room running direct from aerial fitted on roof into a TRIAX box in the loft which feeds into a splitter and then in to my bedroom. I have just purchased another TV for another bedroom and am running a new wire from the splitter into the new tv. IT WILL NOT PICK UP FREEVIEW ONLY ANALOGUE? Have tried the new TV in the existing bedroom and it works fine there? Have tried swapping over cables to see that was an issue - nothing! Confused.com any ideas?

Incorrectly fitted Belling Lee connectors.

Check that you're tuning it correctly because if you're getting the analogue channels I would think you'd get some Freeview channels.

Thanks all! What are Belling connectors? I have tuned the new tv in a different room successfully so I know I am doing it correctly. Could it be the distance of cable? I have a high gain aerial, so this should cope with providing signals via a splitter to 2 tv's?? However the signal strength on my primary tv says just 42% though the reception is perfect?! I am at a loss!! Is it time to call in a professional???

Doh! They seem ok but they were bought from the shop, would you recommend wiring as detailed in the link? I cant see how this would improve my 0% signal? But I dont know what I'm talking about!

So you can receive analogue terrestrial, but Freeview is 0%. Do I understand correctly?

Yep analogue is fine if a little fuzzy but it is round here generally (near southend, Essex)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom