Freeview in Horsham ?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by leeoh, Apr 16, 2003.

1. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anybody living in Horsham able to receive Freeview ?

the Freeview post code checker says its not available for my parents postcode, but I know the checker is considered unreliable.

thanks all

2. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    No help to you at all, I'm afraid - as I don't live in your neck of the woods - but I must agree that the postcode checker seems to be a pretty unreliable guide as to Freeview availability. I've tried it a few times over the past year or so only to be told the service is not available in my area!

The funny thing is I bumped into the next-door neighbour but one a couple of days ago and he couldn't stop talking about his brand new Freeview digi box that he'd recently acquired and all the lovely new channels he could receive - some that he recons he shouldn't even be able to pick up!

Now I'm trying to decide which is the best box to go for. :confused: :suicide: ;)

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fairly obvious. Buy the exact same receiver and aerial as your neighbour, to be sure of receiving all channels. Also make sure your TV aerial cable is suitable (a continuous length of double-shielded satellite TV cable is recommended for digital terrestrial).

And the same answer to "leeoh". Walk down your street till you see a house with a big new aerial. Knock on the door and ask if they have Freeview. If the answer is "yes", copy their system!

If you live in the middle of nowhere, drive around till you find an aerial.
    Alternatively, simply phone your local aerial installer and ask him for the phone number of someone nearby who has Freeview that he installed, because you only buy on recommendation.

4. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies guys unlike my parents I myself live in Thames Valley and have no problems at all with Freeview using the Nokia 221T which I must say I honestly do believe given good quality source material its picture is better than my three year old sony DVD ! therefore whole heartely recommed the Nokia. For example Toy Story yesterday was superb - DVD like in picture and sound quality. Sadly though a lot of the time the quality of the source material being broadcasted can be crud.