Freeview In Another Room

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Jakks, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Jakks

Jakks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Ive been given a 2nd freeview box and I'm thinking about using it upstairs in the bedroom, I currently have a freeview box downstairs, and was wondering how I would go about splitting the signal and getting freeview to work both upstairs/downstairs at the same time?

2. mrfreeview

mrfreeview

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your plan is to install a coaxial cable from the downstairs position to the upstairs position then provided the "out" aerial side of your downstairs freeview box is not used then a simple daisy chain connection from there to the upstairs box may be appropriate.

Material = coaxial cable, double screened i.e .www.Screwfix.com item 37838-90 and BellingLee connectors on either end: Srewfix item 78603-90 (10 in pack)

3. csbinstallation

csbinstallation
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What you need to do is run a cable from your main aerial point to the bedroom and then split or amplify as required. Very simple, or phone a local firm to do this for you but dont be had by a national firm. Should be looking about £50 for point running and no more than £30 for booster IF needed. very straight forward:thumbsup: