freeview in 2 rooms

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by jpgreenwood, Sep 3, 2005.

1. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have a goodmans freeview box which is serving me well. i have just bought an lcd tv for another room and want to play my freeview through both tv's in seperate rooms. there is an aerial cable already in place and i have tried everyway to connect it so it sends the signal to the 2nd tv.my living room set up is tv, video and freeview stb, connected by scarts and coax. could the stb be knackered and not sending the signal? i even removed every coax and scart and just left the stb connected to the roof aerial and coax to tv. the tv still wouldnt pick up the signal. it plays fine through scart. i have seen a sky system connected to 2 tvs and connected my freeview exactly the same but without results. will i be able to use my old grundig sky digi box as a freeview for the 2nd room? i have no dish on this house. i do have the old viewing card. help please. its for the little-un so she can watch cbeebies and i can get my tele back.

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

If I read your post right, you want to send your freeview to another TV via rf!
    I dont think your goodmans does rf modulation(this is what you need).

If you tuned your 2nd TV into your video, then set the video to the AV channel freeview is connected to, that will do it.

Nigel

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    As nig28 says your Goodmans Freeview box does not have an rf modulator so the signal can't be sent from the rf out socket to a TV.
    You have to send the signal from the rf out on your VCR to the other room and as long as the Freeview box is connected by scart lead to the VCRs AV input and you set the VCR to this input the Freeview signal will now be output from the VCR's rf out..........this also allows you to play a tape and view it in the other room[/QUOTE]

No.....a Satellite receiver cannot be used without a dish.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Since you can buy a Freeview box for £29 from Argos, there seems little point in messing around like this. Just split the aerial connection (using an amplified splitter if necessary) and feed it to a second Freeview box.

5. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +371
    unless you have cockup tv - but then you have a decent freeview box with an rf mod in the first place as a rule!