1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[FreeView} Humax F2-FOX T Surprise

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by DennyL, Jan 15, 2005.

1. DennyL

DennyL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I use a Humax FreeView receiver and just added a Panasonic E85 DVD recorder to my system, and one of the SCARTS on the Humax is now connected to one of the SCARTS on the E85 so that I can record TV. The phono audio out on the Humax is connected to my hi-fi amplifier. When I transfer material from the hard disk of the E85 to a DVD-R it does this in real time and outputs the material as though it is playing it.

Imagine my surprise when I started to copy from HDD to DVD-R an item on the E85 lasting 1.5 hours, and then switched on the Humax to listen to the radio, and found that it was outputting from the phonos the soundtrack of the material I was copying on the E85.

I've come to the conclusion that I must install a SCART switch because the Humax 'passes through' to even its audio out any inputs it is receiving on its SCARTS, even though to me the Humax is an output device and shouldn't be heeding anything coming in on its SCARTS.

I wonder whether anyone else has run into this problem and what they have done about it. For the moment I can't see that the Humax's designers have made a reasonable decision here. Surely it would be more appropriate for the Humax to be designed so that when it is switched off I get nothing from it, when it is switched on I get FreeView.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Ahhh the joys of those most wretched of things, the SCART connector.

A one-way SCART cable (one in which only the outputs at one end, and the inputs at the other, are connected) seems to be in order. Now, where to get one.......?