Freeview Hd, what's the verdict.

bogey

Banned
Hi guys, I'm new here, I'm about to get a Freeview HD box and wanted some opinions on what it's like. Are the very limited channels good quality and do you think there will be many more HD channels coming ?

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi guys, I'm new here, I'm about to get a Freeview HD box and wanted some opinions on what it's like. Are the very limited channels good quality and do you think there will be many more HD channels coming ?
Welcome to the forum.

As you are getting a box anyway, you are far better forming your own opinions about the quality rather than having them coloured by the opinions of others.

Wait until you have tried it and see what you think.

There will not be many HD channels on freeview due to lack of bandwidth.
The maximum with the current arrangements is about 5.

brookheather

If you mainly watch BBC1/ITV1/CH4 then it is well worth getting a Freeview HD box as you will receive HD versions of these channels and the picture is much clearer. There may be one more HD channel (maybe Five?) in time but that is likely to be the limit for the next few years.

- Simon.

bogey

Banned
Thanks guys, thinking of getting the Technisat HDFV, pity that there isn't room for a whole load of HD channels :(

pat clancy

Hi I really like the chance to hear dolby 5.1 on freeview,a few progs and movies on c4 hd and bbc hd,and looking foward to indiana jones etc on at xmas in 5.1.to me this is a major step in terrestial tv,

Trending threads

Top Bottom