• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freeview HD availability in my area???

pughypro

Established Member
Just a quick one for the experts out there....

Could someone confirm the approx date I should be able to recieve HD Freeview? I've looked at a couple of sites that list the transmitters in order but cant seem to find one that caters for me.

My postcode is HP190GD.

Andris L

Prominent Member
According to digitauk you are getting your signal from Oxford transmitter and digital switchower there will take place in 2011 which is when you should get HD channels on Freeview.

Please keep in mind that to be able to receive HD Freeview you will have to buy a new HD TV with built in HD tuner or, if you have HD TV already, then you could buy HD Freeview set-top box.

Regards,
Andris

pughypro

Established Member
According to digitauk you are getting your signal from Oxford transmitter and digital switchower there will take place in 2011 which is when you should get HD channels on Freeview.

Please keep in mind that to be able to receive HD Freeview you will have to buy a new HD TV with built in HD tuner or, if you have HD TV already, then you could buy HD Freeview set-top box.

Regards,
Andris

Thats what I thought and yet there is the talk and big PR campaign about watching the World Cup in HD!!!

Alright for some I guess :rolleyes:

Cheers though................

Geofbob

Prominent Member
Thats what I thought and yet there is the talk and big PR campaign about watching the World Cup in HD!!!

Alright for some I guess :rolleyes:

Cheers though................

Though it certainly seems to be an aim to make Freeview HD available to about half the UK population in time for the World Cup - I'm not sure there's been any "big PR campaign" as yet.

Bear in mind, that many of those who will still be outside the Freeview HD localities in June will be able (as they are now) to receive Sky or Freesat satellite HD transmissions - though possibly this doesn't apply to you.

pughypro

Established Member
Though it certainly seems to be an aim to make Freeview HD available to about half the UK population in time for the World Cup - I'm not sure there's been any "big PR campaign" as yet.

Bear in mind, that many of those who will still be outside the Freeview HD localities in June will be able (as they are now) to receive Sky or Freesat satellite HD transmissions - though possibly this doesn't apply to you.

Nope, no dishes allowed on my block I'm afriad......

Stuck with Freeview for now.

Thanks anyway :smashin:

jamct

Established Member
Just a quick one for the experts out there....

Could someone confirm the approx date I should be able to recieve HD Freeview? I've looked at a couple of sites that list the transmitters in order but cant seem to find one that caters for me.

My postcode is HP190GD.

The lucky residents of GRANADALAND (Winterhill transmitter) :smashin: and I think Birmingham and some area of Londonium will get Freeview HD this Spring. DVB-T2 tuners will be in new TVs & STBs from as early as March. Visit AV Forums video links to see what is promised from LG, Sony & Samsung etc. Humax could have the first suitable STB in March at appprox £170. Other areas will be on the list once they become fully digital so it's likely to be 2012 before all the UK gets Freeview HD.

OOPS.. could be as early as FEBRUARY per another Thread. ( HUMAX & BUSH from ARGOS (New catalogue).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom