1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview Frustration

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Mike-M, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Mike-M

Mike-M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I'm having a tough time getting Freeview up and running. I started with two Black Gold cards but was having problems with reception on some channels (C5 and Men and Motors mainly) and ended up with MCE telling me it could'nt find the cards and wanting the machine restarting. I gave up after much fiddling and got a Avermedia USB box. I set this up last night and now have trouble getting a number of different channels while getting no problems with the one's I coundn't get with the PCI cards (problems are with ITV channels this time) I have tried a booster but this made things worst. My signal strength is 80% plus without the booster so I would have thought reception shound not be a problem (it never has been with a number of STB's)
    When trying to change to a problem channel the picture freezes on the current channel while the audio from the selected channel comes through loud and clear.
    Could this be a MCE problem rather than a reception one ?

2. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,090
    Coukd be drivers / codecs maybe?
    Which are you using?

3. stuartmc

stuartmc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PC Freeview cards are in general less sensitive than an external STB. We have a number of customers whose STB worked fine but have had to add an amplifier/splitter to get a decent picture on MCE, in some cases even having to replace the antenna.