Freeview from Sky+ Box?

Sammity

Established Member
Reaction score
Sky HD is finally being installed tomorrow after many delays and I was wondering if I could use the soon to be spare Sky+ box upstairs to get FreeView.

So can I just plug a normal aerial into it and receive digital TV?

Sky boxes are designed for use with dishes, not aerials.

ok thanks.

I just thought it might work as I'm sure I read somewhere that you could buy cards for them so you can watch freeview.

First of all don't confuse Freeview with Freesat From Sky (***). Freeview is Digital Terestrial (aerial) based and *** is Satellite (Dish) based and they have a different programme line up.

If you have Sky+ you proably have a quad LNB - the thing that your cables are attached to at the dish.

So, to use your old Sky box upstairs run a cable from the dish to it. (You should find a spare connector at the dish.) If Sky give you a new card for your new box, your old one will work in your old box as *** card. If not your old box will still be able to receive BBC, ITV and lots more including Film 4. If you want Ch4, Ch5 and Sky Three, you'll need a *** card at £20 - from Sky. There are a huge niumber of post son this, why not try a search.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom