• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freeview FilmFour - Reception in Sussex?

R

Random Tox

Apologies for another FilmFour topic!

I spent a lot of time on Sunday trying to update/retune my TV to pick up FilmFour, unfortunately it has completely refused to acknowledge the existence of this channel:( . Has anyone in my location (West Sussex, just south of Horsham) been able to pick it up over Freeview? If not is there a reason for the problem? I have emailed Channel 4 directly but I don't hold out much hope of receiving a quick response.

IndianaBlues

Did you ever have More4+1? FilmFour took over this station's slot on transmitters, perhaps you just can't get reception from that mux?

Nic

hornet5

Standard Member
Hi - I live in Burgess Hill and have noticed that I can only pick Film4 up from Heathfield not Midhurst. Heathfield signal seems to be stronger in the last few weeks - has anyone else noticed this or can they expain why? Sometimes in the morning I cant get a Film4 signal but try later in the evening and it is fine.

R

Random Tox

IndianaBlues said:
Did you ever have More4+1? FilmFour took over this station's slot on transmitters, perhaps you just can't get reception from that mux?

Nic

Can't remember ever having this channel, but I've got the other Channel 4 stations (C4, E4 & More4). I'm not entirely au fait with Digital transmission terminology (but I do know the basics about muxes) - is FilmFour really on a different mux to their existing channels?

IndianaBlues

Random Tox said:
Can't remember ever having this channel, but I've got the other Channel 4 stations (C4, E4 & More4). I'm not entirely au fait with Digital transmission terminology (but I do know the basics about muxes) - is FilmFour really on a different mux to their existing channels?

Most of C4's lineup is on Mux 2, FilmFour is on Mux D (along with ftn, The Hits, TMF...if you can't get those then I think this is your problem... http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/dtt_channels.html).

Hope I'm wrong!

Nic

B

BobD

Failrly sure that the muxes C and D are sectored out - not transmitted towards - Horsham as it will cause interference with some local repeaters around Reigate and Godalming. I live in Horsham and get good reception of all other channels except for all those on muxes C and D. The EPG lists them as this is carried on all channels but I cannot receive them. Suggest you write a snotty letter to the BBC etc.

Eye2007

Banned
Film4 unfortunately is on MUX D. This is not a MUX that many people can get hold of. Due to the weakness of this particular MUX, you will miss out unless:

You get yourself a WIDE BAND AERIAL or find out whether there are works on transmitter.

FIlmfour is on a MUX D. This can cause some viewers Freeview boxes to automatically skip this channel.

For further information consult a professional.:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom