1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview/E65 connection problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by THOWD FELLA, Sep 25, 2004.

1. THOWD FELLA

THOWD FELLA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help would be appreciated. Just got a Panny e 65 and am trying to connect it to my Pioneer Freeview.
    The pioneer has two scarts, one to the tv and one to the vcr but only the tv one is rgb output - the vcr is video and svhs. I have connected the tv output direct to the e65s av2 set to decoder and used component output to the tv.
    When I try an autotune, it says no signal received and even if I set av2 to normal it will not autotune. I have tried connecting the pioneer vcr output to the e65 av2 but it still says no signal. the only way I can get it to autotune is via the aerial socket. Can anyone help?

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Hope I haven't misunderstood your question but AFAIK autotune refers only to the UHF aerial signal and will result in BBC1 to CH5 (if you're lucky) being on rf channels 1 to 5.

Make sure Freeview box is set to output RGB on its "TV" scart (for the E65) and that the Panny E65 AV2 is set up for RGB input and ditto for the E65 AV1 output if that is going to the TV.

Push the 'Input Select' button on the E65 remote to switch between UHF aerial channels and AV2 Freeview Box.

Hope this helps a bit.

John

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    You don't need to tune the Scart inputs! Channel up/down on the Panasonic E65 until you get to 'A2' and that will display what your Panny is seeing from the Freeview box.

4. THOWD FELLA

THOWD FELLA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about that. Spent all day trying to autotune from freeview when you obviously cant do it - only from uhf!
    Unfortunately the problem was compounded by faulty scarts.