freeview / dvd/video problem

grahambb

Standard Member
Hi

I cant get a picture from my freeview box with the dvd/video player switched on. It worked okay yesterday but the kids were watching tv and said it would not work. normally i would switch to channel 6 for freeview but it only works with the video/dvd switched off!, any ideas please

Richard46

Hi

Do not know why things have changed but does your TV have a Scart Input/s? If it does try using that for the Freeview box.

Richard

grahambb

Standard Member
Hi

thanks for the reply,as far as im aware nothing has changed from yesterday. freeview ,tv and dvd/video are all connected by arial connection, and scart leads, i hvae checked them all for loose connections, all seems okay.
im very puzzled

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Hi

thanks for the reply,as far as im aware nothing has changed from yesterday. freeview ,tv and dvd/video are all connected by arial connection, and scart leads, i hvae checked them all for loose connections, all seems okay.
im very puzzled

You state you don't have a picture...do you have sound?
What make/model of Freeview box is it and if you plug it in directly to a scart socket on the TV does it work okay?
Is it just when you try it on Prog 6 on the TV you don't get a picture/sound?

grahambb

Standard Member
Hi
sorted the problem. in the tuning programme of the freeview box the RF output channel was set incorrectly. after talking with the kids on what happened when they switched on it would seem the freeview box went through the set up procedure ( or the kids pressed setup and ok) and it must have a default channel which it went to ( 51). after going through the 30 - 68channel numbers found it worked ok on channel 62.
all products are panasonic
regards

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom