1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview Dual Tuner

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by morphman, Jan 26, 2004.

1. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I gues it doesnt exist, but Ill ask anyway.

Is there a freeview box available, that has two or more tuners, that can actually be used to watch different channels on different TVs?

On another note,

I just isntalled a freeview box for my grandparents, and although I have sky, im quite impressed, so its about time I got one.

I want the fastest one available, basically something that can compete with the sped of sky to change channels and view EPG. Also something that is very fast on interactive and digital text. Can you still get normal text on digital channels?

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To watch different channels you need two Freeview receivers fed from a proper aerial amplified splitter.

Most modern Freeview receivers are quite fast. Teletext is an analogue service.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Or a Pace TWIN. There may be others in waiting.

4. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im on about the digital text service, not the analogue one.

Pace TWIN, can this really be used to feed 2 TV's? and can we independently change channels on each TV? I take it you only get 1 remote?

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Get a box per TV - this is the ONLY sensible thing to do.

Pace Twin is great but the second tuner is really for recording

6. idhutt

idhutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pace twin will do what you require. However, as Martin points out, the second tuner is normally used for recording a second channel whilst watching another.

But you can configure the RF modulator on the back use the second tuner as its source and this channel can be changed independantly from the remote. Its a cutdown tuner, no EPG or text. if you feed this modulated output to another set, you will achieve as you require. Until you start using it as a recorder, when the second tuner will tune into the channel being recorded...

For remote control, I use a labgear handylink IR repeater - a bit like the sky IR remote system but more flexible - they are stick on repeaters that can control up to 4 IR devices. A learning remote sill work just fine with the pace.

-Ian

7. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    It's a lot cheaper and easier to just get two freeview boxes...Are you Tv's next to each other?