Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Freeview / DMREH50 / 37PV500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Italix, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Italix

Italix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys - thanks for help and advice - PV500 arrived and I am delighted with it.

Got a question though -

I don't yet have Sky installed and am currently receiving digital signal (i.e. Freeview) via existing roof aerial. The picture is still pretty good, but when I play it through my DVD (DMREH50) the picture is poor on 5 terrestrial channels and I do not receive digital channels.

How do I get digitial TV to play through my DVD player ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Italix

2. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    As far as i am aware, your particular DVD recorder does not have a freeview tuner, therefore, you will not be able to receive digital channels via the DVD recorder, only via your plasma.

3. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    the tv has 2 tuners , digital and analogue, the pq on digital will be great.

The dvd has also an analogue tuner so the pq will be the same as the analogue tv tuner.

I think you can record the digital signal onto the the dvd using q link on one of the av scart inputs, if that is what you are asking.

4. twiggy22

twiggy22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have jumped in here. As an absolute Newbie. From the above, Does that mean, I should be able to save from sky, to my HD, then record to dvd?
    Is there any point in having the PV500 with the two tuners and buying the EH50 with another, albeit Analogue?
    George

5. Yousanem

Yousanem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need a fully-wired scart to connect between your PV500 and the DVD player. You also need to tell the PV500 which scart socket you have used. Two of them support Q-link - I use scart 4 into the recorder's AV2. You also need to choose how you want to receive the signal from the recorder - Plain video (NOT), RGB or S-video, and you need to perform a similar task with the recorder. If you want to output component to the PV500, you cannot use RGB down the scart.

Once you have this sorted, you can program your recorder from the PV500's program guide - point and click on the program you want to record. The only problem is that you cannot watch a different digital channel from the one you are recording at the same time. Two options here: either watch your other channel using the PV500's analogue tuner, or record using the recorder's analogue tuner.

Hope this helps.