Freeview channels not being retained on TX40JX850B

Oingyboingybob

Novice Member
Freeview channels not being retained on TX40JX850B.
I've done a search and found some results that are close but not close enough.
I have the above TV connected to my Humax PVR so the terrestrial signal comes (via co-ax) firstly to the PVR and then out to the telly. I can tune TV channels without issue but when I turned both the telly and PVR off all TV channels are lost - I have to retune every time which, as you can imagine, is a pain. The LG telly that the Panasonic replaced had no such problem. Is there a setting that I have missed?
Thanks in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
When you say “I turned both the telly and PVR off” do you mean you switched both to standby or do you mean switched off at the power socket?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Disconnect the Humax aerial and HDMI cables and Plug the aerial directly into the TV bypassing the Humax and tune all channels in, let the TV finish sorting them and it should then usually default to BBC1 when it’s finished.
View it for a few minutes then switch it to standby.
Switch it back on…are the channels still present?

Oingyboingybob

Novice Member
Disconnect the Humax aerial and HDMI cables and Plug the aerial directly into the TV bypassing the Humax and tune all channels in, let the TV finish sorting them and it should then usually default to BBC1 when it’s finished.
View it for a few minutes then switch it to standby.
Switch it back on…are the channels still present?
Yes. Bypassing the PVR and connecting the co-ax aerial cable directly to the telly works perfectly and channels are retained as they should be, ie they're still there after going to standby and then back. Once the Humax is reconnected all the tuned channels are gone after going to standby and a retune is required.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Yes. Bypassing the PVR and connecting the co-ax aerial cable directly to the telly works perfectly and channels are retained as they should be, ie they're still there after going to standby and then back. Once the Humax is reconnected all the tuned channels are gone after going to standby and a retune is required.
Your TV is retaining it's channels, there's no need to retune it.
What's happening is your Humax PVR isn’t passing through the signal from the aerial to the TV when you switch the PVR to standby.
You haven’t given the model no of your Humax PVR but have a look through it’s menu for RF Loopthrough or switch it’s power-saving to off.

Last edited:

Oingyboingybob

Novice Member
Your TV is retaining it's channels, there's no need to retune it.
What's happening is your Humax PVR isn’t passing through the signal from the aerial to the TV when you switch the PVR to standby.
You haven’t given the model no of your Humax PVR but have a look through it’s menu for RF Loopthrough or switch it’s power-saving to off.

Well there's a thing!
Firstly let just say a big thanks for taking the time and effort to assist. My issue was indeed the "Power Saving in Standby" feature being activated in the System Power Management section of the Humax HDR-FOXT2. Once I deactivated it all was good and all my channels stay where they should. My only, fairly sad excuse for not getting this by myself was that I had applied logic to some extent because my previous LG telly worked fine yet the new Panasonic didn't then it had to be the new telly at fault, which it wasn't - logic can point in the wrong direction sometimes.
All the best.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom