• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freeview challenge channel

Stevestix

Standard Member
Hi all,

I thought I'd ask this to see if anyone knows the answer.

I have a Humax 9200T freeview box and it is working well.

A few days ago I had a box pop up saying I need to retune and do a search channels again. Since i did the rescan (all channels fine and I gained a few) but now the Challenge channel just says 'programs start at 6.00am' but when I look on the e.p.g it shows different programs on Challenge now and for rest of night.

Challenge channel used to be on all the time before rescan and now just a white page with Challenge on it saying 'programs start at 6'. All the other channels seems to be working fine.

This make sense to anyone?

Steve

darkcloud2011

Prominent Member
If you pick your channels up from a transmitter in wales challenge is only on air 6am-7pm

Reason for the 24 hours tv guide is all other nations have this channel 24 hours a day.

Stevestix

Standard Member
Hi,

Thanks for response.

Your right I am getting signals from 2 transmitters resulting in over 100 channels. I must have deleted the challenge on the main transmitter, and kept the challenge from the welsh transmitter. Will try it the other way this should make it work as normal.

Many thanks,

Steve

Stevestix

Standard Member
Hi,

Thanks for response. I have had a look at the link you provided. It says the most likely for my area is the mendip antenna.

My problem is that I am not sure what channel to do a manual search on. It gives me aboput 40 different channels at different frequency so how do I know which one is the mendip antenna channel?

Steve

Stevestix

Standard Member
I have just seen link about the process for manual retune.

Am I right in thinking I have to scan 6 different channel groups? then save them individually?

It seems a really lengthy process. I have started rescanning in the 6 different groups. Is taking a while but am now building up a very long list of program channels, I will go through these after and remove the dodgy ones.

Thanks for help

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom