Freeview - Cant Recieve all channels?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by merker, Mar 23, 2006.

1. merker

merker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey there,

just a question, I ercieved a goodmans gdb3 today, i plugged it in and scanned for chanels, it only was able to find 9 channels (sky news, sky sports news, uktv history, e4, and a few radio channels) then i noticed signal is low, it goes to nothing then comes up a few times to "poor signal" i rescanned and it found another 7 channels, however none of them i can connect to.

quite a few times as well it just sasys on screen "no signal" however i went on freeviews website before hand and checked, it said all services are avaliable in my area, and the fact i live on a hill i would of expected to get good reception.

is this more than likely to be a problem with my outdoor aerial (which is around 7 years old) or a problem with the way its facing?

thanks

2. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    It seems unlikely to be anything to do with the way it's facing. If you can pick up all terrestial channels and it's pointing to the strongest transmitter then it ought to be fine. It seems more likely that your aerial cannot pick up the broadcast bands that Freeview transmit on in your area or you just don't have enough elements on your exsisting aerial (standard terrestrial aerials can work fine).

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,304
    If you find your transmitter here you will see what type of aerial is needed for Freeview where you are. If it says type W than it's more than likely your existing one is of a different type and needs replacing. Consult your local CAI installer for help.