Freeview box with Channel Display? Wharfedale DV832B

A

Annie

I am in the market for a new freeview box and I don't want a PVR because I'm not happy about the noise that comes from them. I would love to find a set top box with twin tuners without a hard drive but I don't think such a thing exists. Anyway below is a list of my requirements:

• A box that displays the channel number on the front.
  • 2 Scarts (at least one has to be RGB).
  • Interactive (ie BBCi and Parliament, etc).

I also need a timer but I'm not sure whether this is where EPG comes into play. Am I right in thinking that you use the EPG to set the programs that you are going to record and the box changes channel accordingly? I am presuming that I will still need to set my DVD recorder too, which is no problem for me. I am only used to an old ITV Digital Pace box which had a timer and Now & Next.

I have seen the Wharfedale DV832B in Argos and see that it has a channel display but I don't know whether anyone can tell me if it has RGB output to the TV.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Annie said:
I have seen the Wharfedale DV832B in Argos and see that it has a channel display but I don't know whether anyone can tell me if it has RGB output to the TV.
You would be hard-pushed to find one without RGB output these days.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom