freeview box to use with hd projector

chugginton

Standard Member
hi can anyone help with advice on best freeview box for use with hd projector.it is for use in second room in house(i will also use projector in main lounge which i can connect up to onkyo av ,ps3,bt vision)ideally needs hdmi out to connect to projector and audio to connect upto existing denon m35dab.dont really see point in paying for hd freeview box as cannot get hd in my area.thanks.

Last edited:

Ged

I don't know when you will get HD but for £100 you can get the Bush unit with HDMI upscaling and HD. It may be useful in the future if you move it or sell it etc.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Freesat hd boxes in Asda today for £80 with £80 dish install (or install yourself free if you are able).Freesat covers all Uk now.

That will get you all freesat channels inc ITVHD & BBCHD.

chugginton

Standard Member
thanks might consider but dont really want dish.projector i am getting is themescene hd20 just wondered if you could tell me how good it is and if i will still get a good picture from standard freeview(football)or is hd a must.i can watch movies via ps3 or download on bt vision.any advice greatly appreciated.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
The HD20 is a great projector especially at the price it is.SD really depends on how big a screen you will be projecting and distance you intend to view from.

I purchased a freeview HD box (humax fox T2) 3 weeks ago in readiness for the world cup and the pictures are excellent when viewed on my 100" screen viewed from around 8-9FT.

When switching to SD it is not very good at all,If I reduce the screen to 80" and move back to 10ft+ picture is OK.

There is quite a bit on the 3 free HD channels these days (I get C4HD with freeview,freesat doesn't have it right now) so well worth getting for th extra ££ in my view.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom