Freeview box recommendations

Legin76

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey people

I'm after a freeview box. It must be able to take cards, have RGB scart and digial sound.

I'm willing to spend about £100 what do you guys recommend?

Sony from Amazon £79.99. Best box IMO and if you search the forum many agree and that is the cheapest price by far.

Pros : Fast channel changing, Sony are good for updates (most others are not), 8 day EPG, good tuner, option to delete channels etc TopUpTV.

Cons : About the most expensive box.

NX3 said:
Sony from Amazon £79.99. Best box IMO and if you search the forum many agree and that is the cheapest price by far.

Pros : Fast channel changing, Sony are good for updates (most others are not), 8 day EPG, good tuner, option to delete channels etc TopUpTV.

Cons : About the most expensive box.

It does look good but I cant see any information about it having TopUpTV.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000TEV88/buyfromamaz0e-21/ref=nosim/202-0045512-7788665

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It has no cam slot so can't get TopUpTv.

You didn't mention TopUpTV in your posting, just Freeview. I'm not sure what the best TopUpTV box is sorry.

Go to the Topup TV Website - they have lists of all STB's that will either accept a CAM or already have one.

NX3 said:
It has no cam slot so can't get TopUpTv.

You didn't mention TopUpTV in your posting, just Freeview. I'm not sure what the best TopUpTV box is sorry.

You got me all excited then, need a new box that supports TUT and was just about to get the credit card out! To be fair the OP did say it had to take cards, and you did say it supported TopupTV in your first post.

"It must be able to take cards"

I'll get my coat.... :-(

/me slaps NX3

Ok I feel better :thumbsup:

The Echostar T105 seems the best option. I can't find if its RGB, although I can live without that. Comet have it for £79.99 although it doesn't say if its witht he topup pack and argos has it for £89.99 with the topup pack so I may have to pay both a visit this evening.

It has ok reviews http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds18116.html

Legs

I wouldn't worry too much about TUTV - E4 is supposed to be going Freeview, ABC1 want more bandwidth, that would be 1.5 streams less!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom