freeview box or dvd recorder with built in freeview??

jackrenton

Standard Member
im looking at getting on the freeview bandwagon when i get back to the uk and im not sure what to do.

im either going to get a sepeate freeview box with a recorder(pvr?) or get a new dvd recorder with freeview built in.

i dont do much burning of stuff onto dvd or cd (hardly ever to be honest) i just watch stuff and then delete it.

what is going to give me the best picture??

pver or dvd recorder.

i dont mind buying a pver as ive also een a nice dvd player for sale too!!!

what is a good pver thats out at the moment??

cheers

steve

njp

Twin tuner PVR, without a doubt.

If you aren't needing to buy just yet, wait and see what the new models from Humax and Topfield are like (due shortly).

Or you might like to hang on a bit longer and see what Freesat has to offer, especially if you want HD.

brian hiker

Standard Member
hi, if your a bt internet customer go for the bt vision harddrive with freeview
its free + (£30 connection fee) with easy self installation - but you need 2Mb download speed to watch films on i/net -otherwise any speed will be ok for downloading EPG- & THEN USE IT SOLELY AS FREEVIEW & HARDDRIVE !! DVD recorders take a long time to read disks & can be a pain !

D

Derek L

I have the humax 9200T and it is brilliant - just so easy to use. Twin tuners but the great thing is that this is completely transparent - just get the EPG up - move the cursor to the programme you want to record and press OK. No setting the machine to timer - it will record whether it is on or on standby. Good picture too.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom