1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freeview box help

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by vick, Dec 20, 2003.

1. vick

vick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have today bought a nokia 121t but am having a few problems understanding the terms as I am new to freeview and really haven't got a clue about it.

Would anyone be able to help me by answering the following quesions I have in simple terms?

I notice it says that it only has 1 scart socket - what is the difference between having 1 or 2 scart sockes? What additional things can you do with 2 scart sockets?

I notice it does have RF modulation - what is this and what does it enable you to do?

thanks

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    A second scart socket allows you to directly connect a VCR or DVD recorder, you can of course daisy chain a recorder between the STB and the TV anyway using the single socket. I suppose it would also allow you to use a video transmitter of some sort to wirelessly send the STB output to another TV in another room.

RF modulation means the STB creates a RF output ( via an aerial lead) which can be fed to the TV along with the analogue channels which are fed from a rooftop aerial or indoor aerial into the STB and then perhaps onto a VCR and then onto the TV.

Confused?
    You will be, tune next week for the answers to these an other questions..... Sorry, the ending to SOAP just sprang to mind:)