1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview box for PTAE100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kim@cheung1957., Dec 1, 2003.

1. kim@cheung1957.

kim@cheung1957.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today I get a freeview box from Tesco, it is ok with connected to by 32" tv, but when i connect it to PTAE100 use the Scart Cable, it comes out black and white picture. Pl. give any advise. Thanks

2. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +663
    The PT AE100 doesnt have a scart socket so I am surprised you get any picture at all.
    Check freeview box is set to RGB, Svideo and PAL output.

3. kim@cheung1957.

kim@cheung1957.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your advice. Sorry i didn't mention i use a scart-svideo converter to link the Freeview box to the projector.. It works on my skydigit box! i can't find how to set the Freeview box to rgb,Svideo output, maybe it is a cheap model (Daewood). If freeview can work on the PTAE100, can u recommed any brand model for me. Thanks again.

4. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I may well do the same thing. Probably I will go for the Hauppauge Dec 2000, which as well as being a standalone freeview box, connects to a PC via a USB port. You can record the digital stream directly and display it on the pc, either recorded or live. I am told it gives an excellent picture on both PC and TV. Using the PC's scaling and de-interlacing will give you the best quality picture on the projector. If you have a PC you can connect to the projector, and since you already have a freeview box for your TV, you could get a PCI freeview card, also by Hauppauge. This would do the same thing.