Freeview Box Connected, but picture awful on Samsung TV

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by smiffezo, Mar 20, 2006.

1. smiffezo

smiffezo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey!

I have a samsung combi vision colour tv. I have a PS2 and the freeview box attached. The arial runs through the ps2, onto the freeview box (which is a goodmans) and then into the tv. The ps2 outputs to the front (using RCA), but is unplugged currently.

The scart then runs from the freeview box to the back of the tv... And it's picking it up. But awfully. I only get about half the screen, and it's completely juddery everywhere, it's impossible to see anything.

So, does anyone have any ideas? I would greatly, greatly appreciate it if anyone knows how to help me solve my woes!!! Any suggestions are good!

Many, many thanks!

- Smiffezo.

2. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    dont loop the aerial through the ps2. If you connect through the rca plugs to the av of the tele for the ps2 the aerial can go straight into the tv.

3. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120

Faulty Scart possibly? Do have another one you could try?
    How many Scart sockets on the TV? try a different one if possible. Input1 (AV1) might offer video format options not available on AV2 (and possibly vice-versa). Use AV1 if possible.
    Check what kind of Video standard the Goodmans is outputting. It should be in the menus; possibly under 'settings'; sorry not familiar with that box. Might be options like
    Composite or CVBS
    S-Video
    RGB
    Try them all but if it works RGB is best.
    The TV may have a similar menu in which case you need to get the Goodmans and the TV on the same one.
    Plug the aerial straight into the Goodmans to check you are getting a decent Freeview signal.
    Obviously check that you have set the TV to whatever Scart you are using probably called AV1 or AV2 etc; Maybe input1 etc whatever.
    Probably none of the above; Sorry if this is all obvious; just guessing as not familiar with any of your kit but as you said any suggestions welcome :)
    The aerial connection from the Goodmans to the TV is not needed for Freeview by the way.

4. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Yes, your Freeview reception obviously isn't too good if the picture is breaking up like that.

The first thing to do is _not_ to loop the aerial through something else, put it through the Freeview box first. If that doesn't result in a good picture you need to look at getting a better aerial.

Gav

5. smiffezo

smiffezo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much for all your suggestions.

The problem turned out to be the input type.

I managed to change the output to the other type (begins with C!!!) and that works!!!

Thanks!

- Smiffezo.

P.S. The arial wasnt going through the PS2, i'm just stupid!!!