freeview and vidio senders

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by suehall, Mar 5, 2005.

1. suehall

suehall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can anyone help me please. I am a complete tecno dunce and need to know why the vidio sender I bought today will not send my Freeview signals to my other tv. It works fine when I unplug the freeview box. I want to watch freeview in my craftroom but it just won't work. I can't put the freeview box in there as the arial is not strong enogh.

I am desperate can anyone help me by using a non tecnical answer.

sue

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    Hi sue and welcome to the forum :hiya:

I have Freeview and a video sender that works fine for me, so it's not a Freeview and sender incompatability issue.
    What Freeview box and video sender are you trying to use?
    What connections are you useing and what others are available?

If the Freeview box has 2 scart sockets then connect the sender to the VCR socket. The TV socket may be set to output RGB and the sender wont work with this, only composite.

Mark.

3. suehall

suehall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark Thanks for replying,

The Freeview Box is one of the very first PACE boxes and the video sender is A Philex 27888R. We are using the connections provided in the box with the video sender. This includes a two way scart adaptor. The freeview box only has one scart socket.

There are no instructions on what to do once everything has been connected. i.e Do I have to tune the box in on the receiving tv. Does sending tv have to be on? I am at a total blank.

Sue

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    It sounds to me like the RGB output from your FV STB is causeing the problem. Try setting the FV box to output PAL/composite rather than RGB to see if this works. If it does then you know the problem is the RGB output, if not then there is a problem somewhere else. The down side to this will be poor quality reception on your main TV, but you can always put RGB back when not useing the video sender.

If the receiver plugs into the TV via scart then you don't need to tune anything in, just set the TV to the AV channel.
    Only the Freeview box and the video sender & receiver plus the TV you want to watch need to be switched on. The main TV can be left off if nobody is watching that.

Good luck,
    Mark.

5. suehall

suehall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark

The sender is up and running. The main problem was due to the fact, the very early pace box that we had, did not have a scart socket in the back. It had a lead with a connection where you plugged the ariel and the scart lead. We swopped the pace box with a later one from down stairs. That actually had two scart sockets in the back of the box. I pressed AV and hey presto!
    My favorite shopping channel was on my tv. I have to run in to the other room to turn over though cos I still have not worked out how the infra red eye lead is placed. Never mind, there's a limit to what my non-tecno brain can cope with in a day.

Thanks for all your help.