Freeview and Tivo

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by ScoobyZ, Feb 24, 2005.

1. ScoobyZ

ScoobyZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi I am looking to replace my freeview box for my Tivo.

I did buy a ferguson one but it showed a slight flicker and I since read that this happens sometimes with the ferguson boxs, so plugged my old on digital one back in.

Just looking for something compatible that I can use the IR blaster with and get from say Argos. I have read about the setpal ones but finding one at a less than silly price is hard at the moment.

It has to go on a tosh 42" rpg too so pic quality would be nice. Also if possible the channel number displayed on the front, just to make sure tivo has turned it over :)

Thanks in advance.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well most if not all freeview boxes are supported by TiVo for IR control. A full list of the recommended setup codes for TiVo to use for each STB can be found at http://www.tivoportal.co.uk under 'Supported STB's'.

I have and can recommend for picture quality and overall performance the Sony VTX-D800U. the only thing it does not have is the channel display which I thought I would miss when I upgraded from my OnDigital box, but TBH I don't think about it any more as I have never missed a recording due to wrong channel on the STB (use code 20034 under manufacturer Sony).

Mark.