1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview and RGB

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by babyG, Jun 3, 2005.

1. babyG

babyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya

I'm justabout to get rid of my Sky digibox for a freeview box. Trouble is I have an RGB -> Componant convertor box for my projector.

The freeview box MUST therefore output RGB and shops ain't listing this in their specs. Can anyone recommend a box that outputs RGB??

Dave :lease:

2. Brooktop

Brooktop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    My Panasonic TUCT 20 does

3. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony D800 does (on one of it's two scarts anyway). Excellent picture aswell. Topfield 5800 PVR also does RGB (and component via scart) and has a picture nearly as good as the Sonys.

I would have presumed all current freeview boxes output RGB (most units with a seperate VCR scart - like the sony - only output RGB to the TV scart).

4. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    my old nokia ondigital box has rgb and composite

5. Optiplex

Optiplex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Netgem iplayer or BT iplayer does. Also has the advantage of being able to link to your computer through either a wired or wireless network and play MP3 and view photos etc. Comes with a wireless keyboard so you can check emails and go on internet either dial up or broadband. Indeed that is what I'm using now to post this message.
    I to got rid of Sky and can honestly say have never missed it. The Netgem more than makes up for it. It is a seriously good box and one you may want to consider.

The BT version also has a card slot for top up tv. Whilst the Netgem version requires a CAM

6. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    My HUMAX has RGB and S-VIDEO, the PQ is AMAZING!

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    Don't all Freeview boxes output RGB? I haven't seen one that doesn't - although I'm the first to admit I've never looked at the cheapie brands. Another vote for the Sony D800 here - an excellent, first rate box IMHO.

8. Ade

Ade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    As Rasczak says, I thought all Freeview boxes output RGB on one SCART. I use Pioneer Freeview box - excellent PQ.
    Netgem one apparently also has Component out.

9. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Yeah, same - I thought they all did. Except maybe for a few of the really really cheap brands.

I can put a good word in for the Sony VTX-D800U, it's a very fast box with a nice feel. The only annoying niggle I have with it is that it will only send S-Video signal out on its second SCART if its Smartlink negotiated (you can't just turn it on in the menu yourself). Meaning if you're unlucky enough to have an uncompatible DVD recorder or VCR, you'll only get Composite PAL. (This was a problem for me because I hooked up an S-Video cable to my TV card to record TV, and obviously the card and converter aren't Smartlinky).