1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freeview Aerial

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by boycie, Dec 10, 2004.

1. boycie

boycie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, my first post here.

I have just won a new Panasonic TX32DTX10 with build in DVB. At the moment i have an old crappy aerial on the roof and I would like to upgrade this myself (DIY).
    Budget is very tight (new baby due in 2 weeks). What aerial could i get away with ?

My postcode is S80.

Many Thanks.

2. simon40

simon40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Take a look at Antiference gear - very good quality and helpful people - plus a useful website.

www.antiference.co.uk/

Antiference do not sell direct to the general public. Can buy their kit from www.cpc.co.uk (make sure it is the Antiference kit though - quote the Antiference reference number to CPC).

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Why don't you try the one you have first? It may work just fine.

Try the Freeview coverage locater on the Freeview web site. S80 gives and error (incomplete postcode) and when I put in S80 1AA if says no Freeview coverage. Its not unknown to be very wrong.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Worksop area? You are going to be receiving from either Emley Moor (aerial pointing north), Belmont (east) or possibly Waltham (south).

Check out what type of aerial is needed on the DTG website ( www.dtg.org.uk ) retailer/installer section.

5. boycie

boycie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My current aerial was pointing towards Emley Moor I changed this to Belmont and have now got freeview :clap:

Thankyou everyone for your help.

6. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    On a related note, I am trying to set-up Freeview at my parents house in Sevenoaks, TN13.

The DTG website shows a very small number of channels available from Bluebell Hill (24km), and Sandy Heath (102km!) transmitters.

When I set it up, I was able to get more channels than listed for either of these transmitters, but unfortunately not ITV1, ITV2, or C4.

To my mind, Sevenoaks is closer to Crystal Palace than either of the two listed transmitters. Is there any reason why it would not be listed? When I put my own postcode in (Surbiton, KT5) it lists Crystal Palace as the nearest receiver, with all channels available.

I must be getting these other channels from somewhere at my parents address! I am trying to determine whether an aerial upgrade would do the trick (currently a c.20 year old one sitting in the loft).