Freestanding Washing Machine - Are Bosch Still a Good Brand

datom88

Novice Member
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a replacement washing machine (currently using a Beko freestanding machine).
Mine has been a problem for some time not heating properly, having very long programme times and now I think the pump/valves are on their way out.

The main thing for me is to get the clothes clean in as short amount of time as possible (my current 'normal' wash at 40 degrees lasts 1hr 50mins), something around 1 hour would be good - trouble is that Bosch's website isn't the best for listing manual information with programme times/stats easily available.

Are there any other decent brands worth taking a look at? Budget-wise I'm thinking £500, for something that does 8 to 9kg (although the machine is just for myself at the moment).

Cheers

SyStemDeMoN

My AEG is a 10kg washer but it weighs the load and adjusts the times according to the load.
A full 10kg load @ 40c will be 3hrs 17mins, although you can shorten it to 56mins if you wish.
A normal load (6-7kg) once it gets going will reduce to 1hr 15.
Bosch are a good make. Usually stay away from cheap brands and realise that Hotpoint, indesit, creda, whirlpool and candy are all the same, made in the same place and use the same parts. Its a lottery with those, some will outlive the sun and some will last until the delivery man has gotten back in his van and gone.

Kapkirk

Always preferred Miele tbo.

Squirty

My AEG is a 10kg washer but it weighs the load and adjusts the times according to the load.
A full 10kg load @ 40c will be 3hrs 17mins, although you can shorten it to 56mins if you wish.
A normal load (6-7kg) once it gets going will reduce to 1hr 15.
Bosch are a good make. Usually stay away from cheap brands and realise that Hotpoint, indesit, creda, whirlpool and candy are all the same, made in the same place and use the same parts. Its a lottery with those, some will outlive the sun and some will last until the delivery man has gotten back in his van and gone.

Mostly agree, but just wanted to say that Candy aren't part of the Whirlpool group, they're the same as Hoover. Both are now owned by the chinese Haier group.

Personally wouldn't touch any of the above mentioned brands apart from Bosch.

SyStemDeMoN

Mostly agree, but just wanted to say that Candy aren't part of the Whirlpool group, they're the same as Hoover. Both are now owned by the chinese Haier group.

Personally wouldn't touch any of the above mentioned brands apart from Bosch.
Oh ok. They were the last time I delivered to the factory in Yate a couple of years ago as were hoover actually, couldn't remember them actually.

brunation

The main thing for me is to get the clothes clean in as short amount of time as possible (my current 'normal' wash at 40 degrees lasts 1hr 50mins), something around 1 hour would be good - trouble is that Bosch's website isn't the best for listing manual information with programme times/stats easily available.
From my (too much) research the speed of the wash is down to the weight or the temperature - wash less or colder.

This EBAC model list the times for the normal wash but has a time saver option too. I need an integrated Washer/Dryer so can't get an EBAC myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom