FREESPORT - NEW TV CHANNEL

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jamct, Jul 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jamct

jamct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    This channel, new to Freeview and Virgin Media has a very big problem!. I have watched a couple of the International Champions Cup football matches on this new TV sports channel via both Freeview and Virgin Media cables V6 Box and I must say the PQ is the worst I have ever, ever seen.

Also onscreen text including the channel's D.O.G [Digital Onscreen Graphic] logo and the team's starting line up information is barely legible because of the inferior font used.

See my signature below for my TV details. My settings are 'picture perfect' on all other channels [based on this forum's Sony treads], so I am puzzled as to why the PQ is so aweful?. Comments welcome.

2. Atavus

Atavus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Low res and not great bitrate. It’s been around for a year now and no change. I guess you could ask for a refund. :)

3. jamct

jamct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Channel is new to Virgin Media following their withdrawal of 10 UKTV channels so I was surprised that, in 2018, any program producer could contemplate transmitting such diabolical PQ. Shame on them:(.

4. gibbletts

gibbletts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Maybe shame on virgin for giving a freeview channel and not reducing their prices to reflect the reduction in their costs compared to the UKTV channels

5. fat jez

fat jez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +916
    This does not bode well for me. Freesport is provided by Premier who also provide Premier Sports. Premier have the contract for the Pro 14 from this season onward and I did intend to subscribe.