• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Freeset HD Mini Dish has only single LNB ?

Shadowman007

Standard Member
I have the standard Sky box so my mini dish wont have the quad LNB which sky hd box requires but does the Freeset HD Box also require this ?
& will my current viewing card work in the Freeset HD Box? or will i have to get one from sky ?
also will I be paying for the HD subscription which is around £10 for HD channels to sky ?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
If you buy a single tuner HD box then it won't need two feeds but the Freesat twin tuner HD PVR does to maximise it's capabilities just like SKY+/SKY+HD.

A SKY smartcard is made for SKY boxes not Freesat boxes, there are ways around it but they come with a price tag and no guarantee of continued service. Freesat has no PAY channels so if you want the PAY channels you need a SKY+HD however if you are happy with BBCHD, ITVHD and LuxeHD then you don't pay a monthly sub as they are free for anyone with a DVB spec HD tuner.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom