• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

freesatfromsky v freeview

BRIGHTY

Standard Member
Hi guys

Am in the middle of moving and am having sky sd installed in the living room of the new pad next week.

I have my old sky box and soon to be cancelled veiwing card which i can take with me and use in my new office/den as it has a built in sky socket fed from the communial dish.

I beleive my old veiwing card and box will give me freesat is that correct? or will i have to buy a freesatfromsky card?

Also, what will the difference be between freesatfromsky and the tv's built in freeview? Any more/less channels with either set up? Any better/worse picture with either setup? Just wondering if it's worth taking the box and setting it up.

What cable do i need to connect the sky box to the wall socket, both are the threaded fitting, can you buy this cable or should i try to blag one of the sky installer?

Cheers

Brighty

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom