freesat with freeview recorder

tkg1960

Novice Member
Reaction score
I need some help please.

i have had a sagem freeview recorder for some time with no problems. i have recently moved and now can only pick up 10 channels on it. there is a bog standard freesat set top box in the flat which is fine to watch tv. but is there a way of setting it all up with scart leads so that my freeview recorder can record from the freesat box?
i hope that all makes sense

I do not know of a PVR (SAGEM) that can record from an external source.
For terrestial TV get your Roof top aerial sorted, it usually does not cost a lot.
For interest put your post code in here. UK digital TV reception predictor
And post your results.
Sometimes when people move out they use to have a mast-top amplifier fitted Variable Gain Mast Head Amp c/w Power Supply which is powered by a unit based near the TV outlet point. This is oftem mistaken as a TV amp and removed. If you look up at your aerial is there a small black box fitted just below the aerial. This is a pure stab in the dark, but it happens so often.

I need some help please.

i have had a sagem freeview recorder for some time with no problems. i have recently moved and now can only pick up 10 channels on it. there is a bog standard freesat set top box in the flat which is fine to watch tv. but is there a way of setting it all up with scart leads so that my freeview recorder can record from the freesat box?
i hope that all makes sense

Unfortunately not. PVR's are technically only capable of recording signals that come in via the aerial source.

It would require a DVD recorder to be able to record from an external source box.

It may be a better solution to investigate why you are only receiving 10 channels and to see if your aerial installation can be improved.

There are many experts here who should be able to help if you describe your rough location and / or the transmitter you receive from - if you happen to know.

(Edit - Cross posted with Andy)

thanks for replying. i live in a flat surrounded by other buildings and apparently that is the reason for the poor reception.
i was told that the aerials were all updated during switch over but it didn't make any difference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom