Freesat updates during recording

princesskasren

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hiya, ok so we bought a Humax HD freesat box and here is the problem. I set up my programmes to record and turned box to standby. At the correct time the box turned itself on and I watched it switch to the correct channel that was supposed to be recorded 105...after about 30 seconds a weird message showed on the box...something like ENNU or close to it...so weird I thought...so I turned on television to make sure that the show was ACTUALLY being recorded properly. On the screen was the channel update menu and the box was searching for channels...no problem I thought it will go quickly...I had to click ok when the programme was finished updating and then I ASSUMED it would return to channel 105...BUT it didn't. It turned itself to 101...so then I had to physically switch back to 105...not good. So...is this just a matter of setting the updates to manual...???

You can't turn off the auto channel scan on a Freesat box. You were singulary unlucky to have this problem

I have had one for nearly a year now with none of those problems, still in auto update etc. Have you tried updating the firmware, it will do this over the air.

You can't turn off the auto channel scan on a Freesat box. You were singulary unlucky to have this problem
Ok...so is it just hit and miss when the box updtaes? So maybe if I don't ever turn it off and disable the standby off option it won't happen?

I have had one for nearly a year now with none of those problems, still in auto update etc. Have you tried updating the firmware, it will do this over the air.
I just set box up yesterday...so would I still need to do a software update?

My box goes in to stanby never changed any settings.
As for an update it may have requested one on day one or in the menu you can ask it to check.

Well yesterday there was a channel removed (NME Radio) and a channel added (NME TV) plus some frequency changes I believe, so this could be why

Ok...so is it just hit and miss when the box updtaes? So maybe if I don't ever turn it off and disable the standby off option it won't happen?

It will pop up eventually even if you leave it on. Auto channel updates are mandated in the freesat spec.

If you keep an eye on this thread any channel updates will be reported here so you can update manually yourself

Freesat Changelog - Freesat - Digital Spy Forums

Ok...right...sooo..could i go in once a day and manually do an update and would that then stop it popping up randomly and screwing with my dvd recording?

Ok...right...sooo..could i go in once a day and manually do an update and would that then stop it popping up randomly and screwing with my dvd recording?

Yes, do it in the afternoon, channel updates arrive late morning. It's a bit of overkill though channel updates don't happen that often.

example

27-Apr-10 693 Islam Channel added, Name Changes138 Zone Horror to Horror Channel, 139 Zone Horror +1 to Horror ch+1,692 Revelation TV to Revelation, 862 Parental Control Info to READ ME
11-May-10 869 Read Me deleted S4C2 moved from 12129 V to 11307 H
4-Jun-10 403 Rural TV removed
11-Jun-10 ITV 1 - HD options added
16-Jun-10 NME TV 503 11642 V added, NME Radio 727 deleted, lcn changes JML Direct to 808, JML COOKSHOP to 809, JML HOME & DIY to 810. Ideal World 812 12031 H to 11037 V, Create A Craf t813 12129 V to 11037 V

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom