Freesat TV - Issues With Signal

mjt2020

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Purchased a new TV yesterday - LG 55UN70 - with built in Freesat.

Connected everything up and ran a scan for channels, picks up Astra 2 and identified approx 150 channels.

Signal quality 98%, signal strength 95%, however when any of the channels are selected it states no signal?

Have just checked the LNB and we have the 2 port (ex Sky Q) LNB - would this be the issue?

Would the solution be changing the existing LNB for something like - Labgear Universal Quad LNB ?

Thanks!

Yes.:)

Thanks for the quick reply - wanted to double check before making myself look stupid and trying to return the TV!!

Cheers

Hi all- first post so hello everybody.

I currently serve in the forces and live in accomadation with a communal dish. It is Quad LNB and I have one sat output socket on the wall.

I have a Freesat box installed via a splitter- single cable from the wall into a power pass through twin splitter with twin cable into the Freesat box. I have poor signal, however the box can see channels but it will not show them- I get a ‘No Stream- Picture cannot be displayed’ message when I try and watch anything but BBC Wales or Scotland.

I’m hoping the gurus on here can help, as I’m contemplating sending the box back. I have used a single feed Manhattan box previously and that worked fine.

Cheers,
Ben.

HI and welcome to the forum.
What happens when you connect with only a single cable?

I tried with a single cable to the box- couldn’t get a signal.

Though I wonder if it might be worth checking a second time?

I have had it working with a Manhattan mini box before via single cable it was fine.

Check again with the Freesat “box” and with the Manhattan.

If you only have on cable, then just connect it direct to the box. Bin the splitter. Satellite LNBs do not take kindly (work) when connected via splitters etc. unless you really know what you are doing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom