freesat streaming

Bowlly

Standard Member
Hi all

Hopefully someone can help. I have a humax freesat box in one corner of the room and I want to somehow stream the picture in HD to the TV which is in the other corner of the room. I am trying to avoid having to run a long hdmi cable across the floor or around the walls to do. Both the TV and the freesat box have phone line sockets near them and powerpoints and I wonder if I could do somekind of network thing. The most important thing is I want it to be HD and I don't want any freezing or loss of quality. The other downside is I don't have a great deal of speed on the internet connection, on a very good day its only a max of 2mb.

thanks

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
There are HD wireless senders but they are very expensive. If you can run a pair of thin cat5 network cables you could use a pair of hdmi baluns.

logiciel

HDMI senders are falling in price but would still be OTT for this kind of thing imho.
Thin HDMI cable or CAT would be OK, but I don't get how the phone sockets or internet come into this.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom