Freesat/Sky

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

My parents and I have each pre ordered a Panasonic TX-P50V10B which has built in Freesat. I have a guy coming out tomorrow to replace all the aerial cables and satelite cables. I'm wondering is it worthwhile having a Octo LNB fitted rather than a quad LNB so that we can have both Freesat and Sky or is it just best to only have Sky?

Baz

J4CK DANIELS

Novice Member
i'm not sure how much extra you'd have to pay but are you really gonna need 8 inputs (4 devices that can play and record??...) i've got a quad. 2 for Sky HD 1 for Freesat in the bedroom and a spare if i ever upgrade the freesat box to a recorder or get another tuner int he bedroom. 8's always better than 4 but at what cost....?

BarryMcKelvey

i'm not sure how much extra you'd have to pay but are you really gonna need 8 inputs (4 devices that can play and record??...) i've got a quad. 2 for Sky HD 1 for Freesat in the bedroom and a spare if i ever upgrade the freesat box to a recorder or get another tuner int he bedroom. 8's always better than 4 but at what cost....?

Hi

I will only use 6 inputs Sky+HD x2 and Freesat HD x2. I've seen octo LNB's online for as little as £50.

Baz

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom